LPGA Mercedes-Benz Player of the Year Rankings
A ranking which calculates the tournament results of each JLPGA tour event and the USLPGA majors in order to evaluate the l success of a player comprehensively in a given year.
- The number one player at the end of the JLPGA season each year is given a 3 year exemption on the JLPGA tour and awarded the LPGA Mercedes-Benz Player of the Year.
- The top 50 ranked players at the end of the JLPGA tournament on the 46th week is given an exemption (seed) for the following year on the JLPGA tour.
- The players who are ranked 51st to 55th at the end of the tournament on the 46th week will be given the right to play in the JLPGA tour the following year up to the first re-ranking.
Point Calculation (Revised 2020 season)
- The players who made the cut at JLPGA tour events are awarded points based on their finishes.(Points distribution chart below)
- For tournaments with no cut, all players are awarded points based on their finishes.
- If more the 70 players make the cut, 70th and below will be awarded the same amount of points.
- Points for 4 day events other than majors will be 1.5 times more than 3 day events.
- Points for Majors will be 2 times more than 3 day events.
- USLPGA Majors will be awarded 4 times the 3 day events.
- Points will not be changed even if the tournaments are shortened.
- However, if the tournament cannot be finished, there will be no points awarded.
- If a player withdraws or is disqualified after the cut, they will not be awarded any points.
- If there are players tied at the end of the tournament, the points will be awarded equally.
- Points will be calculated with the Temporary Members and amateurs in the field, but points will not actually be awarded to these contestants.
- If the points are equal in rankings, priority will be given to ①the player with more wins in the year, ②The player with the higher ranking on the money list.
Players eligible for the Ranking
So that the ranking reflects the comprehensive success of players on the JLPGA Tour, the below criteria must be met in order to be included in the ranking.
- Registered TP players who are included in the below
- Exempt (seeded players)
- Players who have exemption to play in the first half of the season.
- Players who played in the QT previous year.
- Players who are coming back from medical or maternity leave.
- Players who played in JLPGA tournaments in the given year. However, they must have played at least 3 tournaments at the conclusion of the" designated event" If the player has played less than 3 events, they will not be included in the rankings. (even if the player plays more than 3 events after the conclusion of the "designated event", they will still not be included)
※For 2020 season, the designated event will be the Japan Women's Open.
Points Distribution Table
|RANK||3 DAYS||4 DAYS||DOMESTIC MAJORS||US MAJORS|